This revised and updated edition of the ABC of complementary medicine PDF offers an authoritative introduction to complementary therapies.
Taking an independent standpoint, neither promoting nor disparaging complementary therapies, this second edition includes the latest information on the efficacy of treatments and provides a new emphasis on patient management. The ABC of Complementary Medicine is an invaluable guide to any doctor who encounters complementary medicine in clinical practice.
Recommended Books For You
ABC of Breast Diseases
ABC of Asthma
More ABC Series and Other Medical Books
Description of ABC of Complementary Medicine PDF
Complementary medicine is an increasing feature of healthcare. The ABC of Complementary Medicine PDF provides a practical, concise and clear overview of this emerging field. This thoroughly revised and updated second edition offers an authoritative introduction to complementary therapies.
The ABC of Complementary Medicine PDF answers common concerns about complementary medicine and gives guidance on making appropriate decisions in the real world of clinical practice. It provides structured information on each of the major complementary therapies, gives an overview and advice on the current situation regarding complementary medicine within the NHS, and outlines strategies for discussing complementary medicine with patients.
Given the increasing proliferation of information on complementary medicine, much of it promotional or partisan, the ABC of Complementary Medicine provides doctors and other health professionals with essential guidance from an authoritative source.
Catherine Zollman: General Practitioner, Bristol, UK. Dr Catherine Zollman trained in Medicine at Oxford University and the Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine in London. While training she became interested in the connections between mind, body and spirit and their impact on health. She joined and later became a Student Co-ordinator and Trustee of the British Holistic Medical Association, an organisation dedicated to the promotion of Holistic Healthcare and to the support of health practitioners who try to work in this way.
Andrew Vickers: Integrative Medicine Service, MemorialSloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York.
Janet Richardson: Reader in Nursing and Health Studies,Faculty of Health and Social Work, University of Plymouth, UK.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Complementary Medicine?: Catherine Zollman.
- 2 Users and Practitioners of Complementary Medicine: Catherine Zollman, Kate Thomas, and Clare Relton.
- 3 Complementary/Integrated Medicine in Conventional Practice: Catherine Zollman, Jane Wilkinson, Amanda Nadin, and Eleanor Lines.
- 4 Acupuncture: Catherine Zollman and Andrew Vickers.
- 5 Herbal Medicine: Catherine Zollman and Andrew Vickers.
- 6 Homeopathy: Catherine Zollman and Andrew Vickers.
- 7 Hypnosis and Relaxation Therapies: Catherine Zollman, Andrew Vickers, Gill McCall, and Janet Richardson.
- 8 Manipulative Therapies: Osteopathy and Chiropractic: Catherine Zollman, Andrew Vickers, and Alan Breen.
- 9 Massage Therapies: Catherine Zollman, Andrew Vickers, Sheila Dane, and Ian Brownhill.
- 10 Unconventional Approaches to Nutritional Medicine: Catherine Zollman, Andrew Vickers, Sheila Dane, Kate Neil, and Ian Brownhill.
- 11 Complementary Medicine and the Patient: Catherine Zollman
Dimensions and Characters of ABC of Complementary Medicine PDF
- 64 Pages
- File Size: 3 Mbs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- ABC Series
Below is a Download Button for the ABC of Complementary Medicine PDF. Click it to start your free download now.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.