Basic Sciences for Core Medical Training and the MRCP
Providing a clear explanation of the relevant medical science behind the individual medical specialties, Basic Science for Core Medical Training and the MRCP, is an indispensable part of a candidate’s MRCP preparation. Directly linked to the Royal College exam, the book follows the same systems-based approach as the syllabus for accurate and effective revision.
With full coverage of basic science for the medical specialities, the book features material on genetics, cellular, molecular and membrane biology, and biochemistry. Content is presented in an illustrated and easy-to-read format, ensuring that the basic science for each medical specialty is more approachable and accessible. A focus on how the basic sciences aid understanding of clinical practice is reinforced through key tables of differential diagnoses and pharmacology.
Ten multiple choice questions at the end of each chapter consolidate learning and enable candidates to test their knowledge. The book also covers common examination errors and areas of misunderstanding to aid learning and help candidates avoid common pitfalls.
Description of Basic Sciences for Core Medical Training and the MRCP
The first thing you may notice about this book is how well its laid out. Covering all the major topics, from cell biology to endocrinology, the book moves logically through the systems and specialties, covering all the basic knowledge you could ask for, in as simple terms as possible. (MedSaint, University of St Andrews) This Basic Sciences for Core Medical Training and the MRCP book is a must read book for every aspirant. Highly commended in the Basic & Clinical Sciences category of the British Medical Association Book Awards 2016.
Dr Neil Herring completed his PhD and medical degree both from the University of Oxford. He is an Associate Professor at the University of Oxford, Consultant Cardiologist at the Oxford Heart Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital, and Tutor and Fellow of Keble College, Oxford. He has published over 60 peer reviewed original research articles and reviews, and is co-author of the textbooks “Basic Science for Core Medical Training” (highly commended at the BMA Book Awards 2016) and “Levick’s Introduction to Cardiovascular Physiology”.
- This is a good book to act as a first pass reminder of what you learned in medical school. I found myself realising it didn’t go into much detail about important aspects of physiology and I had to go look it up in old text books. Ill use it
- Excellent revision-focused textbook that emphasises the links between basic science and clinical medicine. Its succinct style and clear explanations make this book an efficient learning resource. The tables are especially good as they cover everything you need to know about each topic in a clear, easy-to-learn format. The book is set to cover basic medical science at the level of the MRCP, but would also be really useful for interested clinical medical students or doctors at other levels.
Table of Contents
Basic Sciences for Core Medical Training and the MRCP pdf ebook includes the following Units:
1 Genetics 1
2 Cellular, molecular, and membrane biology 15
3 Biochemistry and metabolism 27
4 Immunology 51
5 Infectious diseases 73
6 Statistics and epidemiology 113
7 Haematology 123
8 Clinical pharmacology 135
9 Rheumatology 145
10 Cardiology 163
11 Respiratory medicine 187
12 Neurology 201
13 Psychiatry 235
14 Gastroenterology 253
15 Endocrinology 271
16 Nephrology 289
17 Dermatology 303
Appendix and Answers to Multiple Choice Questions 313
Dimensions and Characters of Basic Sciences for Core Medical Training and the MRCP
- English Language
- 347 Pages
- File Size: 14 MBs
- 5-star rating
- Recommended for MRCP Review
Download Link for Basic Sciences for Core Medical Training and the MRCP
Below is a download button for Basic Sciences for Core Medical Training and the MRCP pdf file. Click it to start your free download.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected] for all DMCA / Removal Requests.
- Atlas of Immunology PDF – Free Medical Books - June 18, 2021
- Arenaviruses I – The Epidemiology Molecular and Cell Biology of Arenaviruses PDF - June 17, 2021
- Apoptosis in Immunology PDF – Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology - June 17, 2021