This workbook has been written for students who are planning to sit either the Academic or General Training modules of the IELTS examination. It covers some of the main vocabulary areas that you will need for, or come across in, the Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections of the exam. We hope that you find the exercises in this book useful, and that the vocabulary you acquire will help you to achieve the grade you want in the IELTS.
This bestselling workbook provides a resource for students studying towards the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. It has been written for students at intermediate level and above, and is particularly appropriate for anyone who plans to study or train at an English-speaking college or university.
Fully updated for this fourth edition, the book provides exercises to help teach and build general and topic-specific vocabulary related to the IELTS test and also covers grammar, use of English, comprehension and spelling.
Suitable for both self-study and the classroom, it includes a range of activities to help students build and improve their English vocabulary and language skills.
– Tests and improves vocabulary using a variety of useful, interesting and enjoyable exercises
– Easy-to-use format with clear instructions
– Comprehensive answer key with additional information
– Includes IELTS-style Speaking and Writing tasks with sample answers to allow for productive practice of target language
About the Author
Rawdon Wyatt is the author of numerous other vocabulary preparation books, including ones for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL®) and the First Certificate in English (FCE) exams.
Structure of the book
Each vocabulary area is presented in the form of a self-contained module with task-based activities which present each vocabulary item in context. • Pages 1 – 57 focus on general vocabulary items. Some of these are relevant to specific tasks or questions in the IELTS examination (for example, describing how something works, talking about changes shown in a graph or table, saying where things are and following directions). • Pages 58 – 104 focus on topic-specific vocabulary areas which may be required in the examination (for example, education, architecture, family matters and science and technology). Each module consists of three tasks: the first two present vocabulary items in context, each with a practice or recognition exercise, and the third gives you the opportunity to review the vocabulary in a gap-fill exercise. • Pages 105 – 124 contain a comprehensive key so you can check your answers. The answer key also gives additional information about specific vocabulary items or general vocabulary areas, as well as other useful words or phrases.
- Paperback: 144 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Information; UK ed. edition (August 15, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1472947371
- ISBN-13: 978-1472947376
- Product Dimensions: 8.3 x 0.3 x 11.6 inches
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests
- Arenaviruses II – The Molecular Pathogenesis of Arenavirus Infections PDF – Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology - January 25, 2021
- Arenaviruses I – The Epidemiology Molecular and Cell Biology of Arenaviruses PDF – Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology - January 25, 2021
- Allergy and Immunotoxicology in Occupational Health PDF - January 25, 2021