Mnemonics of cranial nerves is an important field of study in neurology. The five cranial nerves are the optic nerve, the oculomotor nerve, the trochlear nerve, the trigeminal nerve, and the spinal cord nerves. Each cranial nerve carries information about a different aspect of the body.
Name Of Cranial Nerves & Its Type:
Following are the names of cranial nerves and its type given below;
- Olfactory nerve (CN I)
- Optic nerve (CN II)
- Oculomotor nerve (CN III)
- Trochlear nerve (CN IV)
- Trigeminal nerve(CN V)
- Abducens nerve (CN VI)
- Facial nerve (CN VII)
- Auditory (or vestibulocochlear) nerve (CN VIII)
- Glossopharyngeal nerve (CN IX)
- Vagus nerve (CN X)
- Spinal accessory nerve (CN XI)
- Hypoglossal nerve (CN XII)
Mnemonic For Cranial nerves:
Easy mnemonic list for cranial nerves have been given below; Read the mnemonics and memorized the one which stuck in your mind. It will help you in exam.
- O: olfactory nerve (CN I).
- O: optic nerve (CN II).
- O: oculomotor nerve (CN III).
- T: trochlear nerve (CN IV).
- T: trigeminal nerve(CN V).
- A: abducens nerve (CN VI).
- F: facial nerve (CN VII).
- A: auditory (or vestibulocochlear) nerve (CN VIII).
- G: glossopharyngeal nerve (CN IX).
- V: vagus nerve (CN X).
- S: spinal accessory nerve (CN XI).
- H: hypoglossal nerve (CN XII).
- Orange Oregon O -lineman Tried Track And Field, Victory Gave Virginia School Honor.
- On Occasion Our Trusty Truck Acts Funny, Very Good Vehicle Any.
- Once One Openly Told Tourists About Fighting Vampires Gobling Various Antelope Herds.
- On Old Olympus’ Towering Top, A Friendly Viking Grew Vines And Hops.
- Oh, Oh, Oh, To Take A Family Vacation! Go Vegas After Hourse.
- Only Owl Observe Them Traveling And Finding Voldemort Guarding Very Secret Horcruxese.
- Old Opie Occasionally Tries Trigonometry And Feels Very Gloomy, Vague And Hypoactive.
- Old Oprah Occasionally Trots Triumphantly About, Farting Velveeta Globs, Vaunting Accolades Hysterically.
- Oh, Oh, Oh, To Touch And Feel Vintage Green Velvet, Simply Heaven.
- Old, Oliver, Ogg, Traveled, To, Africa, For, Very, Good, Vacations, And, Holidays.
- Once On October Thirteenth, Troublesome Abductors Filched Various Golden Valuables And Heirloomse.
Mnemonics for Cranial Nerves Types:
Following are the mnemonics for the types of cranial nerves. Its difficult to memorize that which nerve is motor, sensory and mixed. It can b easy memorized by mnemonic given below:
Mneominc: Some Say Marry Money But My Brother Says Big Brains Matter More.
- S: sensory (olfactory nerve – CN I)
- S: sensory (optic nerve – CN II)
- M: motor (oculomotor nerve – CN III)
- M: motor (trochlear nerve – CN IV)
- B: both (trigeminal nerve – CN V)
- M: motor (abducens nerve – CN VI)
- B: both (facial nerve – CN VII)
- S: sensory (vestibulocochlear nerve – CN VIII)
- B: both (glossopharyngeal nerve CN IX)
- B: both (vagus nerve – CN X)
- M: motor (spinal accessory nerve – CN XI)
- M: motor (hypoglossal nerve – CN XII
YOU MAY NEED:TARA PHARMACOLOGY FOR MEDICAL GRADUATES PDF
Download Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine 10th Edition PDF
OXFORD HANDBOOK OF EMERGENCY MEDICINE PDF
YOU MAY LIKE: Download Costanzo Physiology PDF 6th Edition
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.