This popular text makes it surprisingly easy to gain an in-depth understanding of human embryology. Engaging and richly illustrated, it examines all aspects of human development, emphasizing both basic concepts and relevant clinical problems. The book presents a week-by-week and stage-by-stage view of how fetal organs and systems develop, why and when birth defects occur, and what roles the placenta and fetal membranes play in development. The comprehensively updated 8th edition comes with access to the complete contents online via Student Consult, plus 18 phenomenal embryology animations, additional review questions and answers, and more.
- Editor Keith L. Moore, BA, MSc, PhD, FIAC, FRSM is the recipient of the first (2007) “Henry Gray/Elsevier Distinguished Educator Award”―the American Association of Anatomists’ highest award for excellence in human anatomy education at the medical/dental, graduate, and undergraduate level of teaching―a testament to his masterful teaching abilities, which help make this book such an effective tool for learning the complex subject of human embryology.
- Comprehensive, richly illustrated, and clinically oriented coverage equips you with a detailed grasp of human embryology.
- More than 1,800 crisp illustrations and up-to-date clinical photos bring the material to life.
- Review questions and answers at the end of each chapter test your knowledge and help you prepare for exams.
- Sweeping updates reflect all of the latest advances, including IVF, cloning, and genes in human development.
- Purchase of this Student Consult title includes access to the full contents online at www.studentconsult.com―as well as 18 remarkable, specially developed animations that bring embryological development to life, and hundreds of additional support questions and answers to test your mastery of the material.
- New contributors provide fresh perspectives on the latest knowledge.
- A new, more user-friendly, full-color format makes it easier than ever to master key embryology concepts
About the author
T.V.N. (Vid) Persaud Recipient of the Henry Gray/Elsevier Distinguished
Educator Award in 2010—the American Association of Anatomists’ highest
award for excellence in human anatomy education at the medical/dental,
graduate, and undergraduate levels of teaching; the Honored Member Award of
the American Association of Clinical Anatomists (2008) for significant
contributions to the field of clinically relevant anatomy; and the J.C.B. Grant
Award of the Canadian Association of Anatomists (1991) “in recognition of
meritorious service and outstanding scholarly accomplishments in the field of
anatomical sciences.” In 2010 Professor Persaud was inducted as a Fellow of the
American Association of Anatomists. The rank of Fellow honors distinguished
AAA members who have demonstrated excellence in science and in their overall
contributions to the medical sciences.
BMA Book Awards 2008 – Highly Commended
“An up-to-date textbook on embryology for medical students with a relevance far beyond that. There is abundant illustration of the text and extensive clinical correlation. An extremely accessible book that has a lot more clinical correlation than its previous editions. It’s a pleasure to use.”
- ASIN : 1416037063
- Publisher : Saunders; 8th edition (September 19, 2007)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 536 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9781416037064
- ISBN-13 : 978-1416037064
- Item Weight : 2.2 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 1 x 10.75 inches