Now in its second edition, the Oxford Handbook of Neonatology PDF is the essential user-friendly guide for all healthcare professionals involved in the care of newborns. Accessible, practical, and updated with the latest evidence, this is a key resource designed for use at the cot-side.
Using guidance from the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and including the most up to date NICE guidelines, the second edition of this handbook uses extensive diagrams and an easy-to-use format to cover good communication practice, neonatal emergencies and technical procedures. Fully updated and revised with expanded sections covering therapeutic hypothermia and developmental care amongst other advances in the field, the Oxford Handbook of Neonatology is a valuable and up-to-date guide to a rapidly evolving field.
Taking a valuable family-centered approach to neonatal care, this is the essential resource for all healthcare professionals working with newborns, from the undergraduate medical student to the doctor on the ward.
- Fully revised and updated, with expanded sections covering advances and new evidence in neonatology
- Delivers rapidly accessible and practical advice to the clinician in a user-friendly and convenient format which can be applied at the cot-side
- Includes content aligned to the curriculum and competencies for undergraduate and postgraduate Paediatric training in the U.K.
- Provides information on neonatal emergencies, good communication practice, common problems encountered on the ward, and procedures
- Written using all available evidence, and covers guidance from the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and other relevant bodies
- Features diagrams, tables, and photos to support the text
New to this Edition:
- Comprehensive update including a brand new Endocrinology chapter
- All sections reviewed and revised to include recent advances
- Includes an expanded section on therapeutic hypothermia
- Updated guidelines, including NICE, ensures that text is up-to-date and in-line with current best practice in neonatology
Description of The Oxford Handbook of Neonatology PDF 2nd Edition
The Oxford Handbook of Neonatology PDF 2nd edition is the latest addition to the master world of Oxford Handbooks. This book focuses entirely on the subject of neonatology and provides the doctor with all the cases, complications, and presentations a neonatologist should know well about. This is a must buy book for aspiring neonatology. Download it here for an overview.
Grenville Fox has been a consultant neonatologist at the Evelina London Children’s Hospital (Guy’s & St.Thomas NHS Foundation Trust) since 1996, where he has been clinical lead/clinical director since 2000. He graduated from the University of Leicester and trained in paediatrics and neonatology in London before completing a Fellowship in Neonatal/Perinatal medicine at the University of Toronto. He has research interests in neonatal respiratory care and has a number of publications in this area. Nicholas Hoque is a neonatologist working at the Evelina London Children’s Hospital. He graduated from Imperial College School of Medicine and was awarded a PhD in Neonatal Neurology from the University of Bristol. He has worked and trained in many centres of excellence including Great Ormond Street, Birmingham and Bristol Children’s Hospitals, and the University of California San Francisco. He has published original research in peer-reviewed journals, presented internationally and produced content for textbooks. He has sat on several committees at the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health. Tim Watts has been a consultant neonatologist at Evelina London Children’s Hospital since 2001 and clinical lead since 2011. He graduated from University of Western Australia and underwent paediatric and neonatal training in the UK. He has an interest in neonatal infection and neonatal haematology, obtaining his MD at University of London on the subject of thrombocytopenia in the preterm baby. He has contributed to a number of neonatal medical and nursing textbooks.
A useful text for students, trainees in neonatology and practicing paediatricians or other professions who take care of newborns. (Inbar Kushnir, Editorial Manager; PER Volume 15 no.2)
- This is a great bible for neonatal care and one that I have referred to again and again. It is easy to use and full of interesting facts.
- Would recommend this book for everybody specializing in Neonatology… very informative and instructive and has paid for itself in educating me.
- Excellent book. There’s plenty of information to help you in the ward. The quick reference index helps to find various conditions and informs what you should do.
Table of Contents
The Oxford Handbook of Neonatology PDF 2nd Edition includes the Following Units:
1: Antenatal care, obstetrics and fetal medicine
2: Management at birth and routine postnatal care
3: Problems on the postnatal ward
4: Admission, discharge, and outcome
5: Fluids and electrolytes
7: Respiratory problems
8: Respiratory support
9: Cardiovascular support
10: Gastroenterological problems
11: Neurological problems
13: Metabolic problems and jaundice
14: Haematological problems
15: Nephrological and urological problems
16: Endocrine problems
17: Iatrogenic problems
18: Neonatal transport
19: Family support and ethics
20: Practical procedures
21: Normal values, therapeutic drug levels, and useful formulae
Dimensions and Characters of The Oxford Handbook of Neonatology PDF 2nd Edition
- 576 Pages
- File Size: 9 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Oxford Handbook Series
Download Link for The Oxford Handbook of Neonatology PDF 2nd Edition
Below is a Download Link for the Oxford Handbook of Neonatology PDF 2nd Edition file. Click it to start you free download of this masterpiece.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected]for all DMCA / Removal Requests.
Latest posts by Taimour (see all)
- Essentials of Forensic Medicine By Narayan reddy free pdf book download - December 10, 2019
- Textbook of Forensic Medicine And Toxicology Free PDF Download - December 10, 2019
- Oxford Handbook of Forensic Medicine PDF Free Download - December 10, 2019