Praise for the First Edition
“This sports medicine book promises and delivers a concise and yet comprehensive review of sports medicine equally suitable for physiatrists and other clinicians preparing to sit for the sports medicine certification examination. The reviewers also recommend this book to residents and fellows looking for a concise study guide to sports medicine.”
–Michael Burns, MD and Matthew Smuck, MD, Stanford University, American Journal of PM&R
Now in its second edition, Sports Medicine: Study Guide and Review for Boards is the leading comprehensive review text surveying the breadth of non-surgical sports medicine. Covering topics pertinent to (and found on) the Sports Medicine board examination, the book is intended as a primary study tool for candidates preparing for the exam or recertification.
All of the subject areas tested on the boards are represented, including basic science and general procedures, health promotion and preventive interventions, emergency assessment and care, and diagnosis, management, and treatment of the full range of sports-related injuries and conditions. The editors have used the exam content outline as a blueprint for organizing the book so the space allotted to each chapter reflects the corresponding emphasis of the topic on the exam.
Description of the Book
For the Second Edition, all chapters have been completely revised and updated to reflect the latest information and practice guidelines. A new section devoted to “Hot Topics” features new chapters on regenerative medicine and sports ultrasound, two rapidly expanding areas. This edition also contains a practice test with over 250 questions to help candidates identify knowledge gaps and fine-tune test taking skills prior to the examination.
This proven resource for board review, program, or practical use provides the concise, high-yield facts that residents, fellows, trainees, and cliniciansin any discipline need to supplement their training in non-operative sports medicine.
- Written in outline format for easy access to pertinent information
- Provides a comprehensive review of all topics covered on the Sports Medicine Board examination
- Editors and contributors are renowned experts and teachers in the field of sports medicine and relevant medical and surgical specialties
- Includes more than 100 figures and tables to illustrate key points and enhance learning
- New practice test assesses clinical knowledge and assists with final preparation for boards, MOC, or in-training exams
Table of Contents
- General Topics
- Health Promotion and Injury Prevention
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Sports injuries and Conditions
- Musculoskeletal injuries and conditions
- Medical, Neurological and Psychological conditions
- Special Populations
- Hot Topics in Sports Medicine
File Size: 25 MBs
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.
- Atlas of Immunology PDF - January 25, 2021
- Arenaviruses II – The Molecular Pathogenesis of Arenavirus Infections PDF – Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology - January 25, 2021
- Arenaviruses I – The Epidemiology Molecular and Cell Biology of Arenaviruses PDF – Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology - January 25, 2021