The ABC of Breast Diseases 4th edition pdf provides comprehensive guidance to the assessment of symptoms, and how to manage all common breast conditions and provides guidelines on referral. It covers congenital problems, breast infection and mastalgia, before addressing the epidemiology, prevention, screening and diagnosis of breast cancer.
It outlines the treatment and management options for breast cancer within different groups and includes new chapters on the genetics, prevention, management of high risk women and the psychological aspects of breast diseases. Edited and written by internationally renowned experts in the field and highly illustrated in full colour, this fourth edition remains a practical guide for general practitioners, family physicians, practice nurses and breast care nurses as well as for surgeons and oncologists both in training and recently qualified as well as medical students.
Description of ABC of Breast Diseases 4th Edition PDF
Breast diseases are common and often encountered by health professionals in primary care. While the incidence of breast cancer is increasing, earlier detection and improved treatments are helping to reduce breast cancer mortality. This work covers all the recent advances in screening, helping with the assessment of symptoms, prognosis, and treatments of breast diseases. Breast diseases are becoming more and more common and health professionals in almost every field will probably come into contact with a patient who has a breast disorder. This third edition provides an account of the current knowledge on benign and malignant breast conditions and the treatment of them. It covers all the recent advances in screening and adjuvant treatment, including the new aromatase inhibitor clinical trials and improvements in metastatic disease treatment. New chapters on prognosis and clinical trials have also been added. Edited and written by experts in the field, this book appeals to a wide readership including general practitioners, practice nurses, breast care nurses, surgeons or oncologists in training, and medical students. It contains such a wealth of knowledge it will also be a valuable source of information for established breast surgeons and oncologists. It also helps to assist in the assessment of symptoms, prognosis, and treatments of breast diseases.
The ABC Series
The new ABC series has been thoroughly updated, offering a fresh look, layout and features throughout, helping you to access information and deliver the best patient care. The newly designed books remain an essential reference tool for GPs, GP registrars, junior doctors and those in primary care, designed to address the concerns of general practitioners and provide effective study aids for doctors in training.
Now offering over 70 titles, this extensive series provides you with a quick and dependable reference on a range of topics in all the major specialties. Each book in the new series now offers links to further information and articles, and a new dedicated website provides you with even more support.
The ABC series is an essential and dependable source of up-to-date information for all practitioners and students in general practice.
I am a surgeon working in the largest, busiest Breast Unit in the United Kingdom. Over 750 patients every year with breast cancer are managed within the Unit at the Western General Hospital. The Unit is also the regional centre for management of all screen detected breast cancers in the south east of Scotland. The Breast Unit also acts as a tertiary centre with referrals from throughout Scotland, UK and Europe. The majority of those referrals are to myself. I have been a specialist breast surgeon for over 25 years and have trained in breast surgery, plastic surgery and radiological procedures.
Table of Contents
- Contributors vii
- Preface ix
- 1 Symptoms Assessment and Guidelines for Referral 1 J Michael Dixon and Jeremy Thomas
- 2 Congenital Problems and Aberrations of Normal Development and Involution 12 J Michael Dixon and Jeremy Thomas
- 3 Mastalgia 25 Julie Iddon and J Michael Dixon
- 4 Breast Infection 31 J Michael Dixon
- 5 Breast Cancer: Epidemiology Risk Factors and Genetics 41 Ivana Sestak Jack Cuzick and Gareth Evans
- 6 Prevention of Breast Cancer 47 Ivana Sestak Jack Cuzick Gareth Evans and Ava Kwong
- 7 Screening for Breast Cancer 51 Robin Wilson Douglas Macmillan and Julietta Patnick
- 8 Breast Cancer 59 J Michael Dixon and Jeremy Thomas
- 9 Management of Regional Nodes in Breast Cancer 68 Nigel Bundred J Michael Dixon and Jeremy Thomas
- 10 Breast Cancer: Treatment of Elderly Patients and Uncommon Conditions 77 J Michael Dixon and Richard Sainsbury
- 11 Role of Systemic Treatment of Primary Operable Breast Cancer 86 AA Kotsori and Ian Smith
- 12 Locally Advanced Breast Cancer 102 J Michael Dixon and Robert Leonard
- 13 Metastatic Breast Cancer 109 Robert Leonard and J Michael Dixon
- 14 Prognostic Factors 119 Alastair Thompson and Sarah Pinder
- 15 Psychological Impact of Breast Cancer 125 Belinda Hacking
- 16 Carcinoma in situ 130 Nigel Bundred and J Michael Dixon
- 17 Breast Reconstruction 138 J Michael Dixon Cameron Raine and Eva M Weiler-Mithoff
- Index 151
Dimensions and Characters of ABC of Breast Diseases 4th Edition PDF
- 168 Pages
- File Size: 5 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- ABC Series
Download Button for ABC of Breast Diseases 4th Edition PDF
Shown Below is a download button for the ABC of Breast Diseases 4th Edition PDF ebook. Click it to start your free download now.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests