This new and updated edition (ABC of Intensive Care PDF) is a practical guide to intensive care for the non-specialist, providing the core knowledge and principles of intensive care patient management.
From general principles through to critical care outreach and end of life care, it covers best practice management in the intensive care unit. It includes the key organ system support as well as monitoring, sepsis, brain-stem death, and nutrition in intensive care. There is also full coverage of organ donation.
This invaluable resource is highly illustrated in colour throughout with new images, references to key evidence, and further reading and resources in each chapter. It is ideal for junior doctors, medical students and specialist nurses working in an acute hospital setting and the ICU and neonatal ICU, and for anyone involved in the management and care of intensive care patients.
Endorsed by the Intensive Care Society (UK) and the Scottish Intensive Care Society.
Recommended Books For You
OXFORD AMERICAN HANDBOOK COLLECTION
ALL ABC BOOKS FREE
Description of ABC of Intensive Care PDF
This book from the ABC series is one of the best intensive care books available for medical students and practitioners to understand the basic procedures and precautions that are to be taken in the intensive care unit. Every case of intensive care and their management is included in this book briefly so only a week will get you through this book and the intensive care studies. Download now.
Mervyn Singer, Professor of Intensive Care Medicine,University College London, London, UK
Graham Nimmo, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh. Professor Nimmo is State Director of Microbiology for Pathology Queensland and Professor at Griffith University Medical School. His research interests include healthcare- and community-associated MRSA, the epidemiology of antimicrobial resistance and molecular typing of healthcare-associated and community-associated pathogens.
He is immediate Past-President of the Australian Society for Antimicrobials, Deputy-Chair of the Australian Group for Antimicrobial Resistance, and a member of the National Pathology Accreditation Advisory Council. He is a member of the CLSI Working Group on Analysis and Presentation of Cumulative Antimicrobial Susceptibility Data, is a member of the Australian Strategic Technical Advisory Group on Antimicrobial Resistance and is chair of the MRSA Working Group of the International Society for Chemotherapy. He has published over 120 peer-reviewed scientific papers.
“This is clearly an update from the first edition. With its effective writing style, this book provides readers a workable introduction in a brief amount of time.” (Doody’s, 23 March 2012)
“This is an informative book especially for medical students and graduates, younger doctors and specialist nurses working in the intensive care units of medical centers. It provides core knowledge about critical-care patient management. It is a well-organized book that makes for easy learning.” (Biz India, 3 February 2012)
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters including page numbers and author names included in the ABC of Intensive Care PDF 2nd Edition ebook:
- Contributors vii
- Preface ix
- Foreword xi
- 1 General Principles of Intensive Care Management 1 Anna Batchelor and Peter Nightingale
- 2 Communication and Decision-Making in Intensive Care 4 Martin Hughes and Graham R. Nimmo
- 3 Monitoring 8 James Haslam Jonathan Ball Andy Rhodes and Peter MacNaughton
- 4 Sedation 12 Tim Walsh
- 5 Pathophysiology of Organ Failure 18 Charles Hinds and Mervyn Singer
- 6 Severe Sepsis 24 Michael Gillies and Duncan Wyncoll
- 7 Respiratory Support 29 Simon Baudouin and Timothy W. Evans
- 8 Cardiovascular Support 35 Neil Soni and David Watson
- 9 Renal Failure 41 Liam Plant and Alasdair Short
- 10 Neurological Support 46 Peter J. D. Andrews
- 11 Liver Support 51 Julia Wendon and Chris Holland
- 12 Gastrointestinal Support 56 Saif Al Musa and Tony M. Rahman
- 13 Nutrition in the ICU 62 Marcia McDougall
- 14 Critical Care Outreach 66 Mandy Odell and Sheila Adam
- 15 End-of-Life Care 71 Ben Shippey and Bob Winter
- Index 74
Dimensions and Characters
- 88 Pages
- File Size: 3 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- ABC Series
Download Link for ABC of Intensive Care PDF
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
- Lange Pathology Flash Cards, Third Edition (LANGE FlashCards) Free PDF - January 16, 2021
- AMC Handbook of MCQ’s Free PDF Download - January 16, 2021
- AMC Textbook of Surgery Free PDF Download - January 16, 2021