This new and updated edition (ABC of Intensive Care PDF) is a practical guide for intensive care for non-specialists, which provides the basic knowledge and principles of managing patients in intensive care. From the general principles to the scope of critical care and attention at the end of life, it covers the management of best practices in the intensive care unit. It includes the support of the key organ system, as well as monitoring, sepsis, brainstem death and nutrition in intensive care. There is also full coverage of organ donation. This invaluable resource is highly illustrated in color through new images, references to key evidence and additional readings and resources in each chapter. It is ideal for junior physicians, medical students and specialized nurses working in an acute hospital and in the ICU and in the neonatal ICU, and for anyone involved in the management and care of intensive care patients.
This book in the ABC series is one of the best intensive care books available for medical students and professionals to understand the basic procedures and precautions taken in the intensive care unit. All cases of intensive care and management are briefly included in this book, so only a week will take you through this book and intensive care studies.
Table of content
- Contributors vii
- Preface ix
- Foreword xi
- 1 General Principles of Intensive Care Management 1 Anna Batchelor and Peter Nightingale
- 2 Communication and Decision-Making in Intensive Care 4 Martin Hughes and Graham R. Nimmo
- 3 Monitoring 8 James Haslam Jonathan Ball Andy Rhodes and Peter MacNaughton
- 4 Sedation 12 Tim Walsh
- 5 Pathophysiology of Organ Failure 18 Charles Hinds and Mervyn Singer
- 6 Severe Sepsis 24 Michael Gillies and Duncan Wyncoll
- 7 Respiratory Support 29 Simon Baudouin and Timothy W. Evans
- 8 Cardiovascular Support 35 Neil Soni and David Watson
- 9 Renal Failure 41 Liam Plant and Alasdair Short
- 10 Neurological Support 46 Peter J. D. Andrews
- 11 Liver Support 51 Julia Wendon and Chris Holland
- 12 Gastrointestinal Support 56 Saif Al Musa and Tony M. Rahman
- 13 Nutrition in the ICU 62 Marcia McDougall
- 14 Critical Care Outreach 66 Mandy Odell and Sheila Adam
- 15 End-of-Life Care 71 Ben Shippey and Bob Winter
- Index 74
“This is clearly an update to the first edition.With its effective writing style, this book offers readers a practical introduction in a short period of time” (Doody’s, March 23, 2012)
“This is an informative book especially for medical students and graduates, young doctors and specialized nurses who work in the intensive care units of medical centers, providing basic knowledge on the management of patients in critical care. It makes learning easier. “(Biz India, February 3, 2012)
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.