The second edition of the Oxford American Handbook of Rheumatology PDF offers practical, point of care guidance on the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic rheumatologic problems. Holding a large amount of information in a compact pocket book, this remarkably comprehensive resource covers the full range of the discipline, from new biologic therapies used in the treatment of inflammatory arthritis, to new information on drugs, chronic widespread pain, shoulder/neck pain, and complementary medicine. Its easy-to-use format and organization allows easy access to precise, prescriptive information. Since the first edition’s publication, new diagnostic criteria have been introduced for major rheumatic diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. This second edition incorporates the latest diagnostic criteria as well as new therapeutic agents for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis
- Comprehensive yet compact resource
- Covers the full spectrum of the rheumatology discipline
Description of The Oxford American Handbook of Rheumatology PDF 2nd Edition
The Oxford American Handbook of Rheumatology PDF 2nd edition covers all the important topics related to the subject and provides a reader-friendly view for the rheumatologist or medical students who aspire to become rheumatologists in the future. This book is essentially all you need for your studies in the subject. Download it now.
Philip Seo is Co-Director of The Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center, and Associate Professor of Medicine in the Division of Rheumatology at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Expertise: Giant Cell Arteritis, Polyarteritis Nodosa, Rheumatology, Takayasu’s Arteritis, Vasculitis
- Research Interests: Wegener’s Granulomatosis, Microscopic polyangiitis, Churg-Strauss syndrome, Takayasu’s arteritis
Doody’s Editorial Review
“This is a great review of major rheumatology topics. It takes an easy-to-read conversational approach with a number of tables, pictures, and flowcharts that help explain a complicated subject. … This update is a great resource for trainees to use as a quick reference.” — Doody’s
- hi I’m Jackson Pusey and I personally loved this book as a former doctor I think it encompasses rheumatology very well and I sometimes refer to it during surgery when I met Obama I handed this book to him and he said “wow quite a hefty book good job Philip Seo” and then I went and saved some children and hello to my adopted sister Avery
- After a long day of work, Kanye West goes to his Kanye Nest to take his Kanye Rest. He wakes up feeling his Kanye Best. Then he’ll get Kanye Dressed in his Kanye Vest to go on a Kanye Quest. He goes to church and becomes Kanye Blessed, then to a hotel room to be a Kanye Guest. Then to school to take his Kanye Test. He forgot to brush his teeth. Did he run out of Kanye Crest? His neighbor stole it, what a Kanye Pest.
Table of Contents
Following are the units included in the Oxford American Handbook of Rheumatology PDF 2nd Edition:
Part 1: The presentation of rheumatic disease
1 Evaluating musculoskeletal pain
2 Regional musculoskeletal conditions: making a working diagnosis
3 Patterns of disease presentation: making a working diagnosis
4 The spectrum of presentation of rheumatic disease
Part 2: The clinical features and management of rheumatic diseases
5 Rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
6 Osteoarthritis (OA)
7 The crystal arthropathies
8 The spondyloarthropathies
9 Juvenile idiopathic arthiritis (JIA)
10 Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
11 The antiphospholipid (antibody) syndrome (APS)
12 Sjögren’s syndrome (SS)
13 Systemic sclerosis and related disorders
14 Idiopathic inflammatory myopathies- polymyositis (PM) and dermatomyositis (DM)
15 Primary vasculitides
16 Metabolic bone diseases and disorders of collagen
17 Infection and rheumatic disease
18 Miscellaneous conditions
19 Common upper limb musculoskeletal lesions
20 Back pain
21 Complementary and alternative medicine in rheumatology
22 Rheumatologic emergencies
Dimensions and Characters of The Oxford American Handbook of Rheumatology PDF 2nd Edition
- 624 Pages
- File Size: 3.8 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Oxford American Handbook Series
Below is a white download button for the Oxford American Handbook of Rheumatology PDF 2nd Edition. Click it to start your free download now.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected] for all DMCA / Removal Requests.