This second edition of the Oxford Handbook of Medical Dermatology PDF provides practical and accessible advice on how to reach a diagnosis or create a management plan when faced with patients with a range of skin conditions.
Giving concise and clear guidance on investigation and treatment, this Handbook helps doctors adopt a step-by-step approach at the bedside to make sense of skin problems by analysing clinical signs. Illustrated and in full colour, it covers skin physiology, an overview of common skin conditions, and skin problems commonly seen in a broad range of specialities, from rheumatology to psychiatry, as well as children and the elderly.
Now comprehensively updated with new clinical pictures, references, and extensively reworked chapters on skin in infancy and childhood, cutaneous reactions to drugs, skin tumours, and rheumatology. This second edition now includes a brand new chapter on skin and genetics, detailing this fast-growing and important area of dermatology, promoting good communication with a patient-centred and practical common-sense approach for trainees in dermatology, junior doctors, GPs, and medical students.
- Provides an overview of the essential information needed to treat dermatological conditions across a broad range of specialities
- Unique layout designed for ease of use at the bedside or in the clinic
- Full of practical tips from experienced dermatologists
- In line with the latest guidelines and curriculum requirements to assist both practice and preparation for examinations
- Extensively illustrated and in full colour, to help readers’ understanding of common and rare conditions
- App available from the App Store, Google Play, and MedHand Bookstore.
New to this Edition:
- Presents a brand new chapter on skin and genetics discussing major genodermatoses
- Comprehensively expanded chapters such as skin in infancy and childhood
- Includes new full-colour illustrations to aid understanding of conditions
- Adds new information about the molecular basis of many diseases
Recommended Books for You
Description of the Oxford Handbook of Medical Dermatology PDF 2nd Edition
The Oxford Handbook of Medical Dermatology PDF 2nd Edition is one book that every USMLE Step 2 or Step 3 Aspirant or any medical student or practitioner who aspires to pursue a career in dermatology should always have in their pockets. This book provides the best source of information and review for the subject. Download it here.
Susan Burge has longstanding interests in medical education and medical aspects of dermatology. Clinical interests: paediatric dermatology, psoriasis, rheumatological skin disease including cutaneous vasculitis, and cutaneous graft versus host disease. Previous roles: 1999-2002 Director of Clinical Studies, University of Oxford 2003-2008 Education Subcommittee, British Association of Dermatologists 2006-2007 President, British Association of Dermatologists 2009-2012 President (and founding member), British Society for Medical Dermatology Awards 2003 OBE awarded for Services to Dermatology 2009 Elected to International Honorary Membership of American Dermatological Association in recognition of achievements as leader in dermatology 2013 Lifetime Achievement Award. Awarded by Medical Sciences Division, University of Oxford in recognition of sustained commitment to education. Rubeta Matin has a clinical interest in skin disease in immunosuppressed individuals, cutaneous oncology, and oral dermatology. Previous additional roles: 2015 Associate Editor (Clinical Trials), British Journal of Dermatology 2012- 2014 Residents Editorial Board for European Journal of Dermatology (1st Trainee representative from the UK) 2011/2012 1st Neil Cox UK Dermatology Clinical Trials Network Specialist Registrar Fellowship (2011/2012) Awards: 2015 ‘Rising Star’ Award in 23rd World Congress Dermatology, Vancouver, Canada 2013 Best Clinicopathological Paper British Association of Dermatologists (BAD) Prize, 93rd Annual BAD Meeting, Liverpool, UK 2012 THESIS (The Skin Investigation Society) Fellowship Award Awarded for best MD/PhD in 2-year period (THESIS/BAD society) 2012 British Society of Investigative Dermatology (BSID) Registrar’s Prize for Best Oral Presentation, Annual BSID Meeting, Exeter, UK Dinny Wallis is a consultant rheumatologist, trained in Severn and Wessex Deaneries. She has a special interest in spondyloarthritis.
Dr. Harry Brown, Glycosmedia: Despite its seemingly compact size it packs an awful lot of wisdom within its 693 pages making this a portable and very useful book, designed to be used frequently. The same ethos is found throughout the excellent Oxford Handbook series and this book is no exception. As always it is keenly priced and I think represents very good value for money. It is up-to-date, accessible and has good quality colour pictures and to be honest, it is difficult to find a criticism of this excellent book.
- I use it every day for reference as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner. I’m new to the role in primary and every day is a”school day”. It’s easy to use and read.
- Book was in excellent condition, delivery took around 5 days, very happy with the purchase.
- I Can’t stop Reading! I love it
Table of Contents
The Oxford Handbook of Medical Dermatology PDF 2nd Edition holds the following units:
1: Structure and function of the skin
2: The history in dermatology
3: Examination of the skin
4: What is the diagnosis?
5: Skin failure and emergency dermatology
6: Bacterial and spirochaetal infections
7: Viral and fungal infections
8: Infestations and parasites
10: Eczema and lichen planus
11: Urticaria and erythema
12: Pustular rashes
14: Oral and genital mucosae
15: Leg ulcers and lymphoedema
16: Sun and skin
18: Cutaneous reactions to drugs
19: Skin and rheumatology
22: Diabetes and endocrinology
23: Skin and renal disease
24: Skin and gastroenterology
25: Skin and chest diseases
26: Skin and haematology/oncology
27: Skin and neurology
28: Skin and psychiatry
29: Skin in older people
30: Skin and pregnancy
31: Skin in infancy and childhood
32: Skin and genetics
33: Special tools and investigations
34: Medical management
Dimensions and Characters of The Oxford Handbook of Medical Dermatology PDF 2nd Edition
- 720 Pages
- File Size: 30 MBs
- English Language
- 4.5-Star Rating
- Oxford Handbook Series
Download Button for The Oxford Handbook of Medical Dermatology PDF 2nd Edition
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.
- Download USMLE Step 1 Lecture Notes Pharmacology 2018 PDF Free – Kaplan Lecture Notes [Direct Link] - November 14, 2020
- Download USMLE Step 2 CK Qbook 2005-2006 Edition PDF Free [Direct Link] - November 14, 2020
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain and Spine 5th Edition PDF Free Download - November 14, 2020