INSIDER ADVICE FOR STUDENTS FROM STUDENTS
•A complete framework for USMLE Step 1 preparation, annually updated with crowdsourced contributions from thousands of students•Written by students who excelled on their Step 1 exam and reviewed by top faculty for accuracy•1300+ must know topics with mnemonics to focus your study•1,200+ color photos and illustrations 200 new or revised help you visualize processes, disorders, and clinical findings•Reorganized content in the Pathology, Endocrine, Hematology and Oncology, and Neurology chapters for more intuitive learning•Rapid Review section for efficient last minute preparation•Acclaimed recommendations for high yield print and digital study resources•Bonus material and real time updates exclusively at FirstAidTeam.com
About the Author
About Vikas Bhushan
Vikas is a writer, editor, entrepreneur, and teleradiologist on extended sabbatical. In 1990 he conceived and authored the original First Aid for the USMLE Step 1. His entrepreneurial endeavors include a student-focused medical publisher (S2S), an e-learning company, and an ER teleradiology practice (24/7 Radiology). Trained on the Left Coast, Vikas completed a bachelor’s degree at the University of California Berkeley; an MD with thesis at UCSF; and a diagnostic radiology residency at UCLA. His eclectic interests include technology, cryptoeconomics, information design, photography, South Asian diasporic culture, and avoiding a day job. Always finding the long shortcut, Vikas is an adventurer, knowledge seeker, and occasional innovator. He enjoys intermediate status as a kiteboarder and father, and strives to raise his children as global citizens.
A brief inspection reveals the addition of a HUGE number of new diagrams and pictures which improve the clarity of many, many concepts. As usual, great for any medical student getting ready for Step 1. As naturopathic medical students, we often use this 792-page bible to prepare for our first licensing exam and, no doubt, the entire cohort will be acquiring this bad boy.
Some new diagrams/pictures include:
1) Mutations in DNA
2) Protein synthesis
3) Autosomal trisomies
4) Ethanol metabolism
5) Immunology was restructured and it reads more logically
6) Endo vs exotoxins
7) HIV diagnosis algorithm – GREAT diagram.
8) Some additions about the immunology of cancer (v. important) – can be found in the general pathology section
9) Hematology and oncology – rearranged order plus great diagrams about hematopoiesis, pro- and anticoagulation
10) MSK – lovely diagrams about radiculopathy
11) Very nice additions to the neuro section, e.g. lower extent of spinal cord
12) Some handy photos of real-life examples of embryo pathologies
13) Illustrations on the gonadal drainage
14) GI – more histological slides and embryo photos
15) Lots of diagrams in cardio/respiratory to complement the text, e.g. blood supply of myocardium
16) Many other minor tweaks.
|Product detailsPaperback: 816 pagesPublisher: McGraw-Hill Education / Medical; 29 edition (December 21, 2018)Language: EnglishISBN-10: 1260143678ISBN-13: 978-1260143676Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 1.1 x 10.8 inches|
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected] for all DMCA / Removal Requests
Latest posts by Taimour (see all)
- Prepare For IELTS is a book of practice IELTS exams10 download free PDF - October 31, 2019
- IELTS prep free pdf - October 31, 2019
- Check Your English Vocabulary for IELTS: Essential words and phrases to help you maximize your IELTS score - October 31, 2019