Fully revised and updated, the Oxford Handbook of Emergency Medicine PDF 4th Edition is the definitive, best-selling guide for all of the common conditions that present to the emergency department. Whether you work in emergency medicine, or just want to be prepared, this book will be your essential guide.
Following the latest clinical guidelines and evidence, written and reviewed by experts, this handbook will ensure you are up-to-date and have the confidence to deal with all emergency presentations, practices, and procedures. Following the latest developments in the field, such as infection control, DNR orders, advanced directives and learning disability. The book also includes new sections specifically outlining patient advice and information, as well as new and revised vital information on paediatrics and psychiatry. For all junior doctors, specialist nurses, paramedics, clinical students, GPs and other allied health professionals, this rapid-reference handbook will become a vital companion for both study and practice.
- The best-selling handbook for all those involved in emergency medicine
- Covers all the conditions that commonly present to the emergency department making it the perfect practical guide
- Incorporates the latest treatment guidelines including information on resuscitation, DNR orders, infection control and learning disability
- App available from the App Store, Google Play, and MedHand Bookstore.
New to this Edition:
- Includes new revised 2010 Resuscitation Council guidelines
- New sections outline patient advice and information
- Incorporates latest developments in emergency medicine
- Expansion of information on paediatrics and psychiatry
Recommended Books For You
All Other Oxford Handbook Medical Books
100 CASES IN EMERGENCY MEDICINE PDF
HARWOOD NUSS CLINICAL PRACTICE OF EMERGENCY MEDICINE PDF EBOOK DOWNLOAD
POCKET EMERGENCY MEDICINE PDF EBOOK DOWNLOAD FREE
Description of The Oxford Handbook of Emergency Medicine PDF 4th Edition
The Oxford Handbook of Emergency Medcine PDF 4th edition is the latest addition to the oxford series of medical books. This book contains all the essential information a medical practitioner in the emergency ward should know about. All the cases and their presentations that can be found in a patient of the emergency ward are illustrated with cure and treatment in this book. It is an essential book to go through. Download Here.
Jonathan P. Wyatt is a Consultant in Emergency Medicine and a Forensic Physician at Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro, UK. Robin N. Illingworth is a Consultant in Emergency Medicine at St James’s University Hospital, Leeds, UK.
He is the Author Of the Book.
“Review from previous edition: Having recently purchased the new Oxford Handbook of Accident and Emergency Medicine, I would like to say that it is an excellent update. As a Specialist Registrar . . . I am involved in training all new AandE doctors and will recommend this book highly.”
–Dr Reshad Khodabocus, St James’s Hospital, Leeds, July 2005
“The 1st edition (published 1999) has become the “Bible” of Emergency care for many practitioners working in this field – Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics etc… I used it throughout my Specialist Registrar training as both an “on the spot” diagnostic tool but also as a reference aid for my FRCS
and FFAEM. There’s a lot more in it than you think! The second edition has built on and consolidated all that was good in the 1st edition but added some new sections and expanded others. It includes up to date information and references… I would not only recommend but also INSIST that all
practitioners… in emergency care read and used this handbook. It would also be useful to Doctors in almost all specialties including General Practice, General Surgery and General Medicine.”
–Medical Defence Union
“…an essential book of reference…[and] an indispensable tool and survival guide to anyone working within emergency medicine…[it should be] accessible and in easy reach of all staff working within the emergency department.”
–Accident and Emergency Nursing Journal
“…this book is a must-have for anyone wanting to become the next doctor to ride in the shiny red HEMS helicopter on his/her way to an emergency…Stimulating reading for anyone interested in emergency medicine.”
–MAD (Barts and the London Med Student Journal)
- This book is nice to read and well laid out. Lots of scoring systems and theoretical background. But it assumes access to subspecialties and so doesn’t cover some treatment plans (eg. Rabies vaccination schedule). It’s a good read, but not helpful at 2am with a decompensating patient.
- Probably one of the best pocket and quick reference books for Emergency Medicine. It goes directly to the point and has all the major subjects for both the adult and the pediatric patient. Up to date in all the information for today 2012. Don’t hesitate to get it for either studying or as a reference for work.
Table Of Contents
1: General approach
2: Life-threatening emergencies
5: Infectious disease
6: Environmental emergencies
7: Analgesia and anaesthesia
8: Major trauma
9: Wounds, fractures, orthopaedics
12: Ear, nose, and throat
13: Obstetrics and gynaecology
15: Paediatric emergencies
Dimensions and Characters of The Oxford Handbook of Emergency Medicine PDF 4th Edition
- 772 Pages
- File Size: 4.68 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Oxford Handbook Series
Download Link for The Oxford Handbook of Emergency Medicine PDF 4th Edition
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately
- Arenaviruses II – The Molecular Pathogenesis of Arenavirus Infections PDF – Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology - January 25, 2021
- Arenaviruses I – The Epidemiology Molecular and Cell Biology of Arenaviruses PDF – Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology - January 25, 2021
- Allergy and Immunotoxicology in Occupational Health PDF - January 25, 2021